Raining Petals

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

           Today was a rather simple day. Everyone woke up around 6:00. Josh took Cannon and let me go back to sleep. Hallelujah. Cannon still wakes up 2-3 times through the night leaving me still so tired in the morning. I am so thankful when Josh lets me get a little extra sleep. He also got Carter ready and out to catch the bus at 6:45.                                                                                                                                   Around 8:00 Josh brought Cannon in to me to nurse and take his morning nap. So we slept until Cannon woke up at 9:45. I then got us up and ready for the day. I had planned to go walk around the park but ended up running some errands and taking lunch to Josh. He is working on getting some trailers rehabed and ready to rent.                                                                                                                               After lunch I chatted on the phone with Casey a bit. It is always nice to talk to her. I took Cannon home for an afternoon nap but he wouldn't take one:( So he crawled around the house and played while I did random things. At 3:00 Carter came home from school. He opened the door and threw his backpack on the ground and said, "Hi Mom, I am home." Then he was gone. He has two little boys in the neighborhood and they play together every day after school. I really like that he has playmates and loves to play outside. About that time Cannon realized he was exhausted from not napping, so we went a laid down again and he fell fast asleep. It didn't last as long as I hoped it would. His eczema is really acting up and bothering him. He woke up itching and couldn't go back to sleep.                                      I put some Jasmine Rice in the rice cooker and began to prepare the rest of the ingredients for chicken fried rice. We also had Asian chopped salad and deviled eggs from our Easter Eggs. Yummy! While preparing dinner Cannon would sit at my feet and cry and cry. It is really hard when he does that. I finally called Josh and begged him to come home. And he did:) I was able to finish making dinner quickly once Josh took Cannon off my hands.                                                                                                                                                              Once dinner was over I felt zapped. It doesn't seem like I did much during the day but taking care of Cannon, especially when he cries and cries, exhausts me:) So I drew myself a hot bath and soaked for about an hour. Heaven. A hot bath can really help relax me and rejuvenate me.  Josh handed off Cannon and I nursed him to sleep. I tucked Carter in and Josh went back to do more work at the trailer park.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         That leads me to now. I am watching Restaurant Impossible while I did a little shopping online and wrote this post. Now I am going to go tuck myself into bed. Goodnight.              

No comments: