Raining Petals

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Silent Prayers

I have insomnia tonight. I just could not sleep and now I am kicking myself at 2:30 in the morning for still being awake. At the same time I am thanking my Father in Heaven for every good thing he has given me and sending out silent prayers and shedding heart felt tears. I think the blogging world is tremendous and can do and be a source for amazing things. For me, blogging, at times, helps me put things in perspective. After blog hopping some of my blog roll I was led to this blog...

http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com

I have sat for a few hours now reading the story of this tremendous woman. A woman I admire for her strength, her convictions, her faith, and endurance and in other ways pray I will not have to have the experiences she has had. And I know she would share my feelings on that. I am thankful for her tonight though for helping me realize a lot of things about my life...do I have anything to complain about?...not one thing.

I am thankful for my renewed desire to hold Carter a little closer, play a little longer, and cherish his every moment. I pray to see Carter the way my Heavenly Father sees him because in His eyes Carter is glorious beyond description...and yes right now I feel it. But how many times do I get frustrated to the point of blindness! How many times do I wallow in self-pity! How many times do I lash out in lack of self-control and patience! Too much. Too often. Not worth it. A waste of precious moments. And yet...I must come back often, unfortunately I am all too human and too easily revert back to less desirable ways. I know I am not perfect...I am in my refining process. This is all about learning to become who I need to be.

Thank you to those of you who blog with inspiration. Who reach out in your sorrow to lift others to their joy. My prayers are with you and yours.

And with this thought I have been thinking the past few days why we all too often wait to share our feelings and our love and our compliments and our appreciations after it is too late, after that person we love it gone? Why do we have to take things for granted so much? Why do we skip over people in a rush to complete our day? It happens way too much that we all must be stopped in our tracks for us to take a moment to realize what is important and grieve for our lost moments. If only we lived them today, cherished our family, treasured our friends, blessed our acquaintances, gave of our substance...it doesn't have to be too late if we do it today.

Thus, I love you all. I really do. If you are wondering about my mushiness, my sentimentality...go read the above blog around 3:00 in the morning and then tell me if you feel any different. ;)

9 comments:

Becky said...

Thank you for sharing Laura!

nathan said...

I hate those nights! and then you just anticpate how freakin tired you will be the next day. That's cool though Laura-like beaky said, thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing that website. I understand your tone now :). I can't imagine going through what that family has. It is a good reminder of how we need to treat our children. Thanks again.

Brandi said...

Goodness! It isn't three in the morning, but that was hard to read! I can not imagine their pain. Thanks for sharing that!!

Kristin said...

Laura I love you! You alway put such great things on your blog that make me want to be better! Sorry for the lack of commenting. We are insane crazy people the last month or so! But I still love you and love reading your blog!

Bradbury Bunch said...

I've checked out that blog too--Oh Laura, it's so true how important it is to cherish every moment!! I need to read that blog when I get upset that Lexi wants to get into everything that I'm doing, or is so clingy when I REALLY need to be doing something!! Thanks for the reminder!! I can't get enough of them!!

P-S Try a warm glass of milk to help get to sleep--my grammie says it works every time! Or I'll fall asleep reading the scriptures, boy am I horrible!

julie said...

I love you too! My blog is never inspiring, so thank you for making yours that way! Between you and Jason's blog, I've been reminded once again to cherish and focus on the important.

Lara said...

Oh wow. Thank you for that link. I've got some major heartache now, with a huge lump in my throat- but you're right.. it will change us for the better. I love you and your words!

Ashley and Dave said...

Well I didnt read this at 3 in the morning...but 12:30 is close enough, right? I have been blog hopping from website to website and balling my eyes out for the last 1 1/2 hours (Dave is working). THat little girl was Kinsey's age- I will NEVER own a hot tub or pool while my children are small. Actually we were in Twin Falls this last weekend and we stayed in a hotel. We went swimming one night and I put Kinsey down on the cement while I was getting out of the hot tub and before I could catch her she had ran and jumped right into the pool. Luckily Dave was pretty close and got her after the longest second of my life, but I still have the image of seeing her little body upside down under water before Dave got her. Maybe this is why I balled so badly reading her blog because I knew it could happen so fast.
It is true how things like this make you want to hug your child a little tighter and spend your whole day paying the utmost attention to them. I am going to go watch Kinsey sleep for a while now.