Raining Petals

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Girlfriend Birthday Dinner

I should document that I have friends so my kids will believe it one day. I like to go out, I like to have fun, I like to giggle or laugh so hard I bark. I CAN be fun...when I am not being lame.

I have a sweet little group of friends from church. We have a large group of basically all the ladies from our ward that like to participate...and then we have a smaller little group of ladies that live in our town (the church building is 20 min away in a different town from which I (we) live).

Well on Thursday we had an intimate gathering to celebrate the birthdays of Mary-Alice and Desirea. They are both Valentine babies so we celebrated early. We went to Texas Roadhouse (because we are Ca-Razy like that and know how to have a good time;) I am ALWAYS up for Texas Roadhouse, as I have yet to have a bad meal there. It is always delicious. I got a steak...medium...smothered...it was superb. Probably the best steak I have had yet. How come I can not make a steak like that at home? I want to. I would make one everyday for the rest of my life. Except on the 3rd day when I am sick of steak, but that is beside the point.

Excuse the crappy pic...and I did not warn the ladies I was snapping it. But back there on the left is Karen, Tanya, Desirea...then I was sitting at the head of the table (because obviously I am a natural born leader) then to my right is Luellen and Sharon (Mary-Alice's grandmother and mother) and then Mary Alice. Delicious food but a little (a lot) loud to carry on conversation...but we did and it was fun. 

 Mary-Alice and Desirea

We were all glad to see Mary-Alice getting back into the saddle. Ride it girl!

Overseen by Chief Sitting Bull...but there I am in the middle. I should probably do my hair before going out next time. Neh. 

We have, or at least I have, a goal of getting out and doing more this year. More dates nights, more couple nights, and more girls nights! Here is to a year of fun and memories and lasting friendships!!

In other news...I have to speak in church tomorrow and I am soooo ready to get it over with. I have known for 2.5 weeks and my stomach has been in knots ever since. I have posted my talk below this post if you wish to read it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun!! I'm glad you got out and that you have good friends to spend time with who are nice and not mean.