Raining Petals

Sunday, June 16, 2013

From Fantasy to Reality! Our Disney Cruise Trip Report Part 1.

Well here it is the middle of June and I am finally buckling down to journal about our big family trip we took back in September of 2012. At least it hasn't been a year yet right? 
Cruising had been in the back of my mind for years. It is something I have always wanted to do but was one of those things I kept thinking was for the future. Then one day it hit me that I don't have to wait until tomorrow...I can plan today! Light bulb! So I did. In May of 2012 I bit the bullet and booked a 7 night cruise on  Disney's newest cruise ship...The Fantasy! We would leave from Port Canaveral Florida on September 8th and cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and return on September 15th. When I started researching cruises they all seemed wonderful and exciting but the more reviews I read, the more I realized that Disney was the ultimate...the supreme. If we were going to do this we were going to go with the best in the industry and the one that caters best to families. Yes, Disney is a lot more expensive than other cruise lines but I have not regretted my decision once. It was totally worth it!

After returning from our cruise and getting pregnant the very next month (after 6 years of not being pregnant) I felt the timing could not have been more perfect and even may have been even divinely inspired, even if that sounds silly. Seriously, had we not gone when we did there would have been no other time we could have gone. (until at least several months after the baby was born). It worked out perfectly and gave us one last hurrah to spoil the heck out of Carter (of course we did not realize that at the time but looking back I am so happy we had this time together with just the three of us).

Now the problem with waiting 8 months to blog about the trip is that details are a bit fuzzy. But I will do my best. I believe on Sept. 5th we loaded the car and picked Carter up from school. We were on our way! So exciting! We were going to drive to Mobile, Alabama and stay the night with my Grandma. Mobile cuts the trip up perfectly for us. It take us about 6 hours to get from Hernando, MS to Mobile, AL. Then from Mobile to the port it is about an 8 hour drive. 

 We love visiting my grandma in Mobile. Her house is so comfy and cozy and we love spending time with her. She is always excited to have us and so hospitable. Carter sure loves her too!


Carter was able to reunite with Perry that he left at Grandma's house over a year ago. He is was a happy reunion:) And perfect timing to take him with us on our trip!


This is a tradition for anyone who visits Grandma. She has several white boards on her fridge that people started signing years ago. I just started leaving the dates we got to visit. 2010 was a good year! We made it there three times! I am so glad we have made it at least once a year since moved down south. We are hoping to make a trip back down that way this Fall or Winter.











We had a nice overnight stay and then hit the road again on Sept. 6th...headed to Port Canaveral! Yippeee!! Carter is a seasoned little traveler and does great. He is getting is 3DS out ready to entertain himself for the long day ahead.

No comments: