Raining Petals

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Destin-y

To continue with my birthday week we packed up the car and headed down to Destin, Florida for 4 nights. (I explain more in 2 posts down about the resort) I was in Heaven! I really can't explain the way the sight of the ocean (or in this case "gulf") make me feel. I guess the best word I can think of at the moment is "Exhilarating"....maybe "majestic"...and Spiritual at the same time. It is something so massive and so much larger than my own little self that it always puts me in a state of awe. It is relaxing and rejuvenating to sit on the shores and just listen to the sounds that are made there and have a soft breeze flow through my hair (cheesy maybe but oh so true!) I had a fabulous time and I think Carter and Josh did as well. If only I had my own personal beach to go to often to keep Carter entertained. He just dug and dug and searched for shells and splashed through the waves. I didn't have to do anything but watch him play...ahhhh...nice.

On the 5th night we went to Mobile and stayed with my grandma for a night. Her house is also a place of comfort and relaxation...just an all around good feeling. My only problem there is that Carter doesn't sit still for even a moment and Josh and I are constantly on guard, trying to keep him from destroying her breakables. I am often about ready to pull my hair out by the time we leave because I can't relax worrying about what he will mess up. Other than that it is very pleasant and always nice to spend time with my grandma!

Then on to home where we were welcomed by 3 different units that had busted pipes and spilling water out everywhere. Go figure that the first winter we are in the Mississippi just happens to be the coldest in over 6 years!

Anyways...below are pictures from the trip...I did get in some pictures myself but you don't get to see them;) I am excited about some of the ones I got of Carter because I am making a collage for my wall and they work perfectly. Enjoy!

..oh and you will have to excuse Carter's hair...it grows so fast we can't keep up with it!

No comments: